Cymarshall Law has been a regular presence in the Booth lately as one-half of duo Everliven Sound (with Skit Slam) but it’s been a minute since last we heard the Jersey native stretch his limbs on a track of his own. Those who’ve forgotten how quirky, clever, and engaging the Booth fave can be when he takes center stage need simply listen to The Flyness for a refresher course. The lead single off Cy and The Beatnikz’ forthcoming collaborative album, The Flyness, finds the production crew pairing a gritty, plucked-string sample with head-noddable percussion as the emcee effortlessly strings together polysyllabic rhymes: “You should trust me too, what I bust be true / Forget what people say and just be you / A trends-setter even when I had less cheddar / I wasn’t the best-dressed still you can test never.” The man’s got lyrics for days, and his behind-the-boards cohorts come with exuberant grooves to match – what more could fans ask for? If you like what you’re hearing, grab a copy of Cy and the Beatnikz’ Freedom Express Line LP when it drops on August 31.
Written by richard on 07/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.