Cymarshall Law has been a regular presence in the Booth lately as one-half of duo Everliven Sound (with Skit Slam) but it’s been a minute since last we heard the Jersey native stretch his limbs on a track of his own. Those who’ve forgotten how quirky, clever, and engaging the Booth fave can be when he takes center stage need simply listen to The Flyness for a refresher course. The lead single off Cy and The Beatnikz’ forthcoming collaborative album, The Flyness, finds the production crew pairing a gritty, plucked-string sample with head-noddable percussion as the emcee effortlessly strings together polysyllabic rhymes: “You should trust me too, what I bust be true / Forget what people say and just be you / A trends-setter even when I had less cheddar / I wasn’t the best-dressed still you can test never.” The man’s got lyrics for days, and his behind-the-boards cohorts come with exuberant grooves to match – what more could fans ask for? If you like what you’re hearing, grab a copy of Cy and the Beatnikz’ Freedom Express Line LP when it drops on August 31.
Written by richard on 07/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.