There are plenty of rappers who will swear up and down that they aren’t in the game for the money – hell, some will do so right after spending several bars boasting about their bankroll and their expensive taste in liquors. Jersey fave Cymarshall Law, however, is one artist whose track record actually bears out that lofty sentiment – thus, when he says “I do this for the love, you gotta Believe This,” on his latest mixtape leak, it’s actually possible to… well… believe it. Over The Beatnikz’ upbeat, piano-led instrumental, the exclusive freestyle series alumnus explains what artistic integrity means to him, advising all who will listen, “I believe we should all live like kings, but never ever sell your soul for nice things…” As usual, Cy manages to drop serious knowledge without ever sounding sanctimonious – thanks in part to his characteristically entertaining, gruffly melodic flows. For more hot beats and rhymes from Cy and The Beatnikz, grab a copy of collaborative street album Freedom Express Line, set to hit the net for free download August 31.
Written by richard on 08/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.