Don’t get it twisted. Despite the name, there’s nothing slick about Slick. Rather, CyHi The Prince’s new single is the kind of no-holds-barred, street focused banger that drags the definition of “slick” to the gutter to take on new meaning. The increasingly popular Beat Billionaire takes over production duty here, putting together the kind of rolling hi-hat meets booming bass meets high pitched bells that’s become the foundation of trap music. On the mic CyHi does his damnedest to match the beats aggression, letting it be known that he’s slicker than a BP oil spill: “With a slick b*tch with a six pack / she ask me how her hair look / said I like it better when it’s slicked back.” Well, in that case I’d like to think that this write-up is pretty damn slick too. In addition to previous release A-Town, Slick can be found on the G.O.O.D. Music representative’s upcoming Ivy League Club mixtape, which is still awaiting a solid release date (we’re being told to expect it “soon”).
Written by Nathan S. on 06/27/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.