Don’t get it twisted. Despite the name, there’s nothing slick about Slick. Rather, CyHi The Prince’s new single is the kind of no-holds-barred, street focused banger that drags the definition of “slick” to the gutter to take on new meaning. The increasingly popular Beat Billionaire takes over production duty here, putting together the kind of rolling hi-hat meets booming bass meets high pitched bells that’s become the foundation of trap music. On the mic CyHi does his damnedest to match the beats aggression, letting it be known that he’s slicker than a BP oil spill: “With a slick b*tch with a six pack / she ask me how her hair look / said I like it better when it’s slicked back.” Well, in that case I’d like to think that this write-up is pretty damn slick too. In addition to previous release A-Town, Slick can be found on the G.O.O.D. Music representative’s upcoming Ivy League Club mixtape, which is still awaiting a solid release date (we’re being told to expect it “soon”).
Written by Nathan S. on 06/27/12
G.O.O.D Music artist CyHi The Prynce looks to expand his ever-growing fan base with the release of his new project, The Ivy League Club, featuring singles Feet Up, Slick and 100 Bottles. Guest features include labelmate Big...
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.