If Hip-Hop were a school, the corner would definitely be the playground. Sure school is great for learning math and science, but ask any adult about the importance of playground curriculum. For evidence, look no further than CyHi The Prynce, who will tell you that most of his education took place Round Da Corner. On the latest cut off his forthcoming free street album, the Georgia native is joined by Trae The Truth as the two share the spotlight over a drum-heavy beat from producer Chizzy. CyHi and Trae credit their corners for much of their schooling, reminiscing on the early days of being on the street, from passing their first blunt to pushing weight to pay for new Jordans (I hope they didn’t have to wait in line too long). For more street savvy cuts, be sure to check out Ivy League: Kick Back, which drops tomorrow and will be available at The DJBooth for download.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.