After the great response we received when we premiered CyHi The Prynce‘s Open Letter (Freestyle) last month, the ATL emcee is back with a part 2, making its world premiere right here, right now. Produced by Aktual, the beat features a funky orchestra riff with heavy drums that will likely remind some listeners of that classic 90’s sound. On the mic CyHi continuously uses his always witty punchlines, which the rapper has pretty much trademarked, talking about his come up to where he is today: “I prayed I wouldn’t get pulled over / God blessed me so many times you would have swore I had allergies.” While G.O.O.D. Music has been grabbing attention today for remixing a 16-year-old Chicago rapper’s song, it’s good to hear a freestyle from CyHi to remind us that the Prynce is sharpening his craft and continuing his quest to become King. No word on a release date yet for CyHi’s upcoming street album, The Ivy League Club, but you can trust The DJBooth to keep you updated.
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/2/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.