After the great response we received when we premiered CyHi The Prynce‘s Open Letter (Freestyle) last month, the ATL emcee is back with a part 2, making its world premiere right here, right now. Produced by Aktual, the beat features a funky orchestra riff with heavy drums that will likely remind some listeners of that classic 90’s sound. On the mic CyHi continuously uses his always witty punchlines, which the rapper has pretty much trademarked, talking about his come up to where he is today: “I prayed I wouldn’t get pulled over / God blessed me so many times you would have swore I had allergies.” While G.O.O.D. Music has been grabbing attention today for remixing a 16-year-old Chicago rapper’s song, it’s good to hear a freestyle from CyHi to remind us that the Prynce is sharpening his craft and continuing his quest to become King. No word on a release date yet for CyHi’s upcoming street album, The Ivy League Club, but you can trust The DJBooth to keep you updated.
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/2/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.