The latest single from G.O.O.D. Music emcee CyHi The Prynce is a lot like Napoleon. With a sub-four minute run time, it might be short (Napoleon was like 5’5”.), but it is brash, brutal, and hard-hitting like the ruthless French emperor. The difference is that CyHi will be celebrated for this potent cut, whereas Napoleon was exiled. M16 cooks up a smoky, horn-powered instrumental that is grimy, but subdued enough for CyHi to take control—and that he does. His gripping, hard-nosed flow makes each unapologetic bar hit home with biting force. It has been a year since we’ve heard from CyHi (His last Booth feature was last February’s Kick Back.), but now that he is hard at work on a new project, with Kanye as the Executive Producer, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from him very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.