The latest single from G.O.O.D. Music emcee CyHi The Prynce is a lot like Napoleon. With a sub-four minute run time, it might be short (Napoleon was like 5’5”.), but it is brash, brutal, and hard-hitting like the ruthless French emperor. The difference is that CyHi will be celebrated for this potent cut, whereas Napoleon was exiled. M16 cooks up a smoky, horn-powered instrumental that is grimy, but subdued enough for CyHi to take control—and that he does. His gripping, hard-nosed flow makes each unapologetic bar hit home with biting force. It has been a year since we’ve heard from CyHi (His last Booth feature was last February’s Kick Back.), but now that he is hard at work on a new project, with Kanye as the Executive Producer, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from him very soon.
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!