The latest single from G.O.O.D. Music emcee CyHi The Prynce is a lot like Napoleon. With a sub-four minute run time, it might be short (Napoleon was like 5’5”.), but it is brash, brutal, and hard-hitting like the ruthless French emperor. The difference is that CyHi will be celebrated for this potent cut, whereas Napoleon was exiled. M16 cooks up a smoky, horn-powered instrumental that is grimy, but subdued enough for CyHi to take control—and that he does. His gripping, hard-nosed flow makes each unapologetic bar hit home with biting force. It has been a year since we’ve heard from CyHi (His last Booth feature was last February’s Kick Back.), but now that he is hard at work on a new project, with Kanye as the Executive Producer, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from him very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)