The latest single from G.O.O.D. Music emcee CyHi The Prynce is a lot like Napoleon. With a sub-four minute run time, it might be short (Napoleon was like 5’5”.), but it is brash, brutal, and hard-hitting like the ruthless French emperor. The difference is that CyHi will be celebrated for this potent cut, whereas Napoleon was exiled. M16 cooks up a smoky, horn-powered instrumental that is grimy, but subdued enough for CyHi to take control—and that he does. His gripping, hard-nosed flow makes each unapologetic bar hit home with biting force. It has been a year since we’ve heard from CyHi (His last Booth feature was last February’s Kick Back.), but now that he is hard at work on a new project, with Kanye as the Executive Producer, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from him very soon.
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.