The latest single from G.O.O.D. Music emcee CyHi The Prynce is a lot like Napoleon. With a sub-four minute run time, it might be short (Napoleon was like 5’5”.), but it is brash, brutal, and hard-hitting like the ruthless French emperor. The difference is that CyHi will be celebrated for this potent cut, whereas Napoleon was exiled. M16 cooks up a smoky, horn-powered instrumental that is grimy, but subdued enough for CyHi to take control—and that he does. His gripping, hard-nosed flow makes each unapologetic bar hit home with biting force. It has been a year since we’ve heard from CyHi (His last Booth feature was last February’s Kick Back.), but now that he is hard at work on a new project, with Kanye as the Executive Producer, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from him very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.