No, CyHi The Prynce, it isn’t just you. On his new Jay “JBD” Dennis-directed visuals for Is It Me?, CyHi points out a lot of things in Hip-Hop that just don’t add up, like bragging about funds rappers don’t really have and how deep they entered into the drug game. Guets vocalist Crystal Renee and rapper Tate DuMonde join the G.O.O.D. Music emcee out in the train yards, posing the same questions of authenticity over the 90’s styled production from Sekou Muhammed, Jeff Leahr, and TEC BEATZ. You’re going to relate to this song in one of two ways: applauding CyHi for calling out the fakers and staying true to himself or feeling offended because on some level you’re being called out. You decide how you’re going to proceed from there. Is It Me? can be found on the ATL native’s Black Hystori Project, which can be downloaded and streamed right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.