The widow of the great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Coretta Scott King was an accomplished author, activist and civil rights leader in her own right. On his latest single, CyHi the Prynce shows her some much-deserved appreciation. While the LP to which this joint is attached centers around Black History Month, this particular jam seems to draw as much inspiration from Valentine’s Day; over TEC BEATZ‘s smooth, soul-sampled production, the G.O.O.D. Music signee regales Miss King with compliments that go well beyond the platonic. In just one of many witty, wordplay-laced come-ons, he spits: “Your body drive me crazy like a cab ride in Manhattan.” An uncredited singer’s silky chorus vocals round out the package. Fans will be able to find Coretta and much more on CyHi’s Black Hystori Project. Executive Produced by label boss Kanye West, the set is scheduled for release on Tuesday, February 24.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.