The widow of the great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Coretta Scott King was an accomplished author, activist and civil rights leader in her own right. On his latest single, CyHi the Prynce shows her some much-deserved appreciation. While the LP to which this joint is attached centers around Black History Month, this particular jam seems to draw as much inspiration from Valentine’s Day; over TEC BEATZ‘s smooth, soul-sampled production, the G.O.O.D. Music signee regales Miss King with compliments that go well beyond the platonic. In just one of many witty, wordplay-laced come-ons, he spits: “Your body drive me crazy like a cab ride in Manhattan.” An uncredited singer’s silky chorus vocals round out the package. Fans will be able to find Coretta and much more on CyHi’s Black Hystori Project. Executive Produced by label boss Kanye West, the set is scheduled for release on Tuesday, February 24.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.