On his last album, Kanye West audaciously proclaimed: “I Am a God.” If you buy into Yeezy’s divinity, it follows that G.O.O.D. Music signee CyHi The Prynce is a chosen emissary of the divine. The ATL repper certainly has the confidence of a prophet, judging by this brand new mixtape single. Premiering in the Booth along with Dontell Antonio‘s freshly-minted visuals, the record finds him spitting 3:16s (Get it?) over a piano-led beat by M16. In addition to emphasizing his ironclad faith in his pen game (“I swear to Allah my verses deserve to be in the Koran.”), he fills us in on his relentless paper chase and exhibits an eye for modern art that would make Hova proud (“Basking in the ambiance of the Mondrian...”). Now that you’ve heard the Good News, are you craving more from CyHi? Seek and ye shall find on the artist’s Black Hystori Project, available online as of February.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.