Have you traded financial security for 50k chains, expensive whips and 26” rims? Do you always have a stack of bills handy to make it rain in the club, if it means tossing away a child support check? CyHi da Prynce has a two-word response to your ostentatious displays of wealth: “Woopty Doo.” On his latest mixtape leak, the ATLien teaches us a lesson that many rappers go entire careers without learning—namely, that having the freshest gear and the flyest women don’t mean sh*t when you can’t take care of yourself and your family. Kanye West & No I.D. collide behind the boards, serving up a breezy, mellow mix of laid-back percussion, understated organ chords and sax accents as CyHi administers heedless high-rollers a lyrical reality check: “Keep your family before friends, ‘cause God is the only one that come before them. / You got a nephew? Well, go support him. / You got some nieces, make sure that you adore them.” Labelmate Big Sean seems to wander slightly afield from the point on his more materialistic middle 16, but the overall dopeness on display make it hard to care. For more, check out CyHi’s Royal Flush 2 mixtape, released today and out now online.
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.