Have you traded financial security for 50k chains, expensive whips and 26” rims? Do you always have a stack of bills handy to make it rain in the club, if it means tossing away a child support check? CyHi da Prynce has a two-word response to your ostentatious displays of wealth: “Woopty Doo.” On his latest mixtape leak, the ATLien teaches us a lesson that many rappers go entire careers without learning—namely, that having the freshest gear and the flyest women don’t mean sh*t when you can’t take care of yourself and your family. Kanye West & No I.D. collide behind the boards, serving up a breezy, mellow mix of laid-back percussion, understated organ chords and sax accents as CyHi administers heedless high-rollers a lyrical reality check: “Keep your family before friends, ‘cause God is the only one that come before them. / You got a nephew? Well, go support him. / You got some nieces, make sure that you adore them.” Labelmate Big Sean seems to wander slightly afield from the point on his more materialistic middle 16, but the overall dopeness on display make it hard to care. For more, check out CyHi’s Royal Flush 2 mixtape, released today and out now online.
Written by richard on 06/14/11
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)