As you may have guessed from the title, new street single Sidewayz finds I Can’t Tell emcee CyHi the Prynce putting a hip-hop spin on Sideways, the critically-acclaimed 2004 film which followed two middle-aged men on a life-changing road trip through the wine country of Santa Barbara… hey, where’s everyone going? OK, OK, I lied; in actuality, this cut finds the Konvict/Def Jam signee telling off his growing coterie of haters. Over the street-ready strings and sci-fi synths of producer Ensayne Wayne (Drumma Boy‘s older brother), CyHi exercises his gruff Southern flow, threatening to steal his critics girlfriends and informing his fans that he hasn’t given up the dope game: “I sell it but I shouldn’t / if I was rich trust me I wouldn’t.” If you’re digging this hard-nosed jam, keep it locked to you-know-where – the Georgia native’s debut full-length has neither a title nor a release date, but rest assured we’ll keep you posted.
Listen to More: CyHi The Prynce
Written by richard on 04/28/10
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)