As you may have guessed from the title, new street single Sidewayz finds I Can’t Tell emcee CyHi the Prynce putting a hip-hop spin on Sideways, the critically-acclaimed 2004 film which followed two middle-aged men on a life-changing road trip through the wine country of Santa Barbara… hey, where’s everyone going? OK, OK, I lied; in actuality, this cut finds the Konvict/Def Jam signee telling off his growing coterie of haters. Over the street-ready strings and sci-fi synths of producer Ensayne Wayne (Drumma Boy‘s older brother), CyHi exercises his gruff Southern flow, threatening to steal his critics girlfriends and informing his fans that he hasn’t given up the dope game: “I sell it but I shouldn’t / if I was rich trust me I wouldn’t.” If you’re digging this hard-nosed jam, keep it locked to you-know-where – the Georgia native’s debut full-length has neither a title nor a release date, but rest assured we’ll keep you posted.
Listen to More: CyHi The Prynce Written by richard
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!