As you may have guessed from the title, new street single Sidewayz finds I Can’t Tell emcee CyHi the Prynce putting a hip-hop spin on Sideways, the critically-acclaimed 2004 film which followed two middle-aged men on a life-changing road trip through the wine country of Santa Barbara… hey, where’s everyone going? OK, OK, I lied; in actuality, this cut finds the Konvict/Def Jam signee telling off his growing coterie of haters. Over the street-ready strings and sci-fi synths of producer Ensayne Wayne (Drumma Boy‘s older brother), CyHi exercises his gruff Southern flow, threatening to steal his critics girlfriends and informing his fans that he hasn’t given up the dope game: “I sell it but I shouldn’t / if I was rich trust me I wouldn’t.” If you’re digging this hard-nosed jam, keep it locked to you-know-where – the Georgia native’s debut full-length has neither a title nor a release date, but rest assured we’ll keep you posted.
Listen to More: CyHi The Prynce
Written by richard on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.