As you may have guessed from the title, new street single Sidewayz finds I Can’t Tell emcee CyHi the Prynce putting a hip-hop spin on Sideways, the critically-acclaimed 2004 film which followed two middle-aged men on a life-changing road trip through the wine country of Santa Barbara… hey, where’s everyone going? OK, OK, I lied; in actuality, this cut finds the Konvict/Def Jam signee telling off his growing coterie of haters. Over the street-ready strings and sci-fi synths of producer Ensayne Wayne (Drumma Boy‘s older brother), CyHi exercises his gruff Southern flow, threatening to steal his critics girlfriends and informing his fans that he hasn’t given up the dope game: “I sell it but I shouldn’t / if I was rich trust me I wouldn’t.” If you’re digging this hard-nosed jam, keep it locked to you-know-where – the Georgia native’s debut full-length has neither a title nor a release date, but rest assured we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.