CyHi Da Prynce may be fresh off the release of a mixtape series centered around the suits found in a deck of cards, but does that mean he’s playing around? Most assuredly not – and, if his recent contribution to our exclusive freestyle series didn’t convince you the up-and-comer’s for real, this latest leak should ensure you Never Again doubt him. Over Kane Beatz’ street-ready organ /string instrumental (via Ashanti “The Mad Violinist”), the Stone Mountain representative showcases his prodigious lyrical abilities, celebrating his rise from rags to riches in verses dense with witty turns of phrase: “I hold the crown, it’s like my tooth decayed-ed / So when I walk inside the room, I illuminate it.” Not only does the man boast about his success here, he goes the extra mile on the mic to that he deserved every bit of it – what more could fans of high-quality Southern hip-hop ask for? If you consider this a track fit for a king, you won’t want to miss CyHi’s latest street release; The Royal Flush Mixtape, a compilation of all four entries in his Prynceables series, is scheduled to hit the ‘net sometime next month.
Listen to More: CyHi The Prynce
Written by richard on 06/24/10
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.