CyHi Da Prynce may be fresh off the release of a mixtape series centered around the suits found in a deck of cards, but does that mean he’s playing around? Most assuredly not – and, if his recent contribution to our exclusive freestyle series didn’t convince you the up-and-comer’s for real, this latest leak should ensure you Never Again doubt him. Over Kane Beatz’ street-ready organ /string instrumental (via Ashanti “The Mad Violinist”), the Stone Mountain representative showcases his prodigious lyrical abilities, celebrating his rise from rags to riches in verses dense with witty turns of phrase: “I hold the crown, it’s like my tooth decayed-ed / So when I walk inside the room, I illuminate it.” Not only does the man boast about his success here, he goes the extra mile on the mic to that he deserved every bit of it – what more could fans of high-quality Southern hip-hop ask for? If you consider this a track fit for a king, you won’t want to miss CyHi’s latest street release; The Royal Flush Mixtape, a compilation of all four entries in his Prynceables series, is scheduled to hit the ‘net sometime next month.
Written by richard on 06/24/10
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)