Agen is a beautiful city, but why two Atlanta natives like CyHi The Prynce and B.o.B. would craft an ode to the Papa New Guinea township is beyond me. Wait..hold on…I’m being told that CyHi’s new single, A-TOWN, making it’s world premiere right here on The DJBooth, is indeed a tribute to The A. Well, that makes much more sense. Aptly-named producer Anthem fittingly grabs a sample from the Atlanta Braves theme song to craft an instantly head nodding beat full of horns and marching band percussion. The headliner leads off the lyrical procession by promising that he’ll bleed Georgia red until the day he dies, followed by a strippers-best-friend Travis Porter on the hook and then, frankly, B.o.B. runs the anchor leg by absolutely First 48ing a guest verse filled with Decatur-centric references and aggressive hilariously bars. (Come on, you have to laugh at “I’m high like eagle pu**y.”) Atlanta natives, you have a new anthem, and tourists should feel free to play this one at maximum volume as well. Much more ATL-ness awaits fans on CyHi’s upcoming The Ivy League Club mixtape, set to drop soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/3/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.