I think hip hop needs an intervention. Day-by-day and single-by-single, it’s becoming more evident that rappers have a love affair with buying and downing bottles (of liquor). The latest victim? G.O.O.D. Music‘s very own CyHi The Prynce, who is “buying 100 f**king bottles” on his latest mixtape single. (Hey, give the guy some credit, at least he is buying them with his
models all around.) Joining CyHi on his booze buying bonanza are Fortune author Chris Brown, who handles the song’s instantly catchy chorus and its second verse, and labelmate Big Sean, who brings up the rear with a flowing (get it?) 16. The DJ Chuckie produced 100 Bottles is the second song release (see Slick) from the Freestyle Series alum’s forthcoming The Ivy League Club mixtape, set for release on July 17, before G.O.O.D Music compilation album Cruel Summer hits digital retailers on August 7.
Written by DJ Z on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.