I think hip hop needs an intervention. Day-by-day and single-by-single, it’s becoming more evident that rappers have a love affair with buying and downing bottles (of liquor). The latest victim? G.O.O.D. Music‘s very own CyHi The Prynce, who is “buying 100 f**king bottles” on his latest mixtape single. (Hey, give the guy some credit, at least he is buying them with his
models all around.) Joining CyHi on his booze buying bonanza are Fortune author Chris Brown, who handles the song’s instantly catchy chorus and its second verse, and labelmate Big Sean, who brings up the rear with a flowing (get it?) 16. The DJ Chuckie produced 100 Bottles is the second song release (see Slick) from the Freestyle Series alum’s forthcoming The Ivy League Club mixtape, set for release on July 17, before G.O.O.D Music compilation album Cruel Summer hits digital retailers on August 7.
Written by DJ Z on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.