I think hip hop needs an intervention. Day-by-day and single-by-single, it’s becoming more evident that rappers have a love affair with buying and downing bottles (of liquor). The latest victim? G.O.O.D. Music‘s very own CyHi The Prynce, who is “buying 100 f**king bottles” on his latest mixtape single. (Hey, give the guy some credit, at least he is buying them with his
models all around.) Joining CyHi on his booze buying bonanza are Fortune author Chris Brown, who handles the song’s instantly catchy chorus and its second verse, and labelmate Big Sean, who brings up the rear with a flowing (get it?) 16. The DJ Chuckie produced 100 Bottles is the second song release (see Slick) from the Freestyle Series alum’s forthcoming The Ivy League Club mixtape, set for release on July 17, before G.O.O.D Music compilation album Cruel Summer hits digital retailers on August 7.
Written by DJ Z on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass Me The Rubbas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.