Feeling a little Faded, Booth readers? I kinda hope not since, as of my writing, it’s only 11 in the morning. But if you are, you’re in good company; CVIRO‘s first DJBooth feature and latest single, released along with visuals by RICO, finds the Australian recording artist in an acute state of intoxication. GXNXVS‘s fractured samples, ambient synths and reverb-soaked percussion back the unsigned crooner as he describes a evening of liquor-soaked hedonism, showcasing a vocal presence as angelic as his lyrics are debauched. If that description reminds you of a certain Abel Tesfaye, you’re not on the wrong track, but this joint’s understated catchiness suggests that CVIRO’s more than just another follower of of the alt-R&B zeitgeist. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the July release of debut EP Elevation.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.