Feeling a little Faded, Booth readers? I kinda hope not since, as of my writing, it’s only 11 in the morning. But if you are, you’re in good company; CVIRO‘s first DJBooth feature and latest single, released along with visuals by RICO, finds the Australian recording artist in an acute state of intoxication. GXNXVS‘s fractured samples, ambient synths and reverb-soaked percussion back the unsigned crooner as he describes a evening of liquor-soaked hedonism, showcasing a vocal presence as angelic as his lyrics are debauched. If that description reminds you of a certain Abel Tesfaye, you’re not on the wrong track, but this joint’s understated catchiness suggests that CVIRO’s more than just another follower of of the alt-R&B zeitgeist. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the July release of debut EP Elevation.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.