Feeling a little Faded, Booth readers? I kinda hope not since, as of my writing, it’s only 11 in the morning. But if you are, you’re in good company; CVIRO‘s first DJBooth feature and latest single, released along with visuals by RICO, finds the Australian recording artist in an acute state of intoxication. GXNXVS‘s fractured samples, ambient synths and reverb-soaked percussion back the unsigned crooner as he describes a evening of liquor-soaked hedonism, showcasing a vocal presence as angelic as his lyrics are debauched. If that description reminds you of a certain Abel Tesfaye, you’re not on the wrong track, but this joint’s understated catchiness suggests that CVIRO’s more than just another follower of of the alt-R&B zeitgeist. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the July release of debut EP Elevation.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.