Back in June, CVIRO made his grand entrance into the Booth with Faded, a hazy alt-R&B burner which earned him positive reviews from our readership. Two months later, the Australian crooner is back with 187, another freshly-minted single off his forthcoming EP. Before you ask, no, the singer hasn’t caught a homicide case; the cut’s title, a reference to the California Penal Code, refers instead to his girl’s killer performance in the bedroom. GXNXVS reprises his role behind the mixing boards, layering swirling synths over a trap-tinged rhythm section as CVIRO rhapsodizes about the uncanny erotic prowess of the woman in question. Has the unsigned buzzmaker killed it, in the musical sense, with his latest effort? Those leaning toward the affirmative should keep their browsers locked for the latest on his currently-unscheduled debut EP, Elevation.
Written by richard on 08/14/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.