Back in June, CVIRO made his grand entrance into the Booth with Faded, a hazy alt-R&B burner which earned him positive reviews from our readership. Two months later, the Australian crooner is back with 187, another freshly-minted single off his forthcoming EP. Before you ask, no, the singer hasn’t caught a homicide case; the cut’s title, a reference to the California Penal Code, refers instead to his girl’s killer performance in the bedroom. GXNXVS reprises his role behind the mixing boards, layering swirling synths over a trap-tinged rhythm section as CVIRO rhapsodizes about the uncanny erotic prowess of the woman in question. Has the unsigned buzzmaker killed it, in the musical sense, with his latest effort? Those leaning toward the affirmative should keep their browsers locked for the latest on his currently-unscheduled debut EP, Elevation.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.