Back in June, CVIRO made his grand entrance into the Booth with Faded, a hazy alt-R&B burner which earned him positive reviews from our readership. Two months later, the Australian crooner is back with 187, another freshly-minted single off his forthcoming EP. Before you ask, no, the singer hasn’t caught a homicide case; the cut’s title, a reference to the California Penal Code, refers instead to his girl’s killer performance in the bedroom. GXNXVS reprises his role behind the mixing boards, layering swirling synths over a trap-tinged rhythm section as CVIRO rhapsodizes about the uncanny erotic prowess of the woman in question. Has the unsigned buzzmaker killed it, in the musical sense, with his latest effort? Those leaning toward the affirmative should keep their browsers locked for the latest on his currently-unscheduled debut EP, Elevation.
Written by richard on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.