If you find that singer Cutty Cartel’s voice has a familiar tone, it’s probably because he has graced your eardrums before. His distinctive Decatur, Georgia, smoothness laced the YoungBloodz’ 85 and Trillville’s bed shaking anthem, Some Cutt. Now, he plays headliner on Thirsty, a barfly’s beer-goggled vision of that shawty in the club. On his debut single, Cutty tells us how thirsty a certain lady has made him, and does so with the help of trill drinking partner, Lil’ Scrappy. There’s nothing holding these two Southern gents back from getting their swerve on over a synth-keyboard from producer Willy Will. Cutty Cartel’s currently-untitled debut album has no release date set.
Written by Erica L. on 07/8/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.