If you find that singer Cutty Cartel’s voice has a familiar tone, it’s probably because he has graced your eardrums before. His distinctive Decatur, Georgia, smoothness laced the YoungBloodz’ 85 and Trillville’s bed shaking anthem, Some Cutt. Now, he plays headliner on Thirsty, a barfly’s beer-goggled vision of that shawty in the club. On his debut single, Cutty tells us how thirsty a certain lady has made him, and does so with the help of trill drinking partner, Lil’ Scrappy. There’s nothing holding these two Southern gents back from getting their swerve on over a synth-keyboard from producer Willy Will. Cutty Cartel’s currently-untitled debut album has no release date set.
Written by Erica L. on 07/8/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.