There are few feelings worse than that of being strung along and let down by someone you love. Customary knows that feeling well—in fact, he’s experiencing it right now—but he won’t be for much longer. On freshly-minted single Hanging On, the Portland-based R&B buzzmaker lets a fickle significant other know that he’s had it with her mind games, in the process showcasing a powerful vocal presence and a knack for effervescent harmonies. He also produces the instrumental backdrop, a uniquely catchy arrangement driven by boom-bap drums and whirring, wobbling synths. Feeling it? If so, you should mark your calendars for the July 29 release of Customary’s next LP, Compassion.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
Customary Music, LLC.
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.