There are few feelings worse than that of being strung along and let down by someone you love. Customary knows that feeling well—in fact, he’s experiencing it right now—but he won’t be for much longer. On freshly-minted single Hanging On, the Portland-based R&B buzzmaker lets a fickle significant other know that he’s had it with her mind games, in the process showcasing a powerful vocal presence and a knack for effervescent harmonies. He also produces the instrumental backdrop, a uniquely catchy arrangement driven by boom-bap drums and whirring, wobbling synths. Feeling it? If so, you should mark your calendars for the July 29 release of Customary’s next LP, Compassion.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
Customary Music, LLC.
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.