There are few feelings worse than that of being strung along and let down by someone you love. Customary knows that feeling well—in fact, he’s experiencing it right now—but he won’t be for much longer. On freshly-minted single Hanging On, the Portland-based R&B buzzmaker lets a fickle significant other know that he’s had it with her mind games, in the process showcasing a powerful vocal presence and a knack for effervescent harmonies. He also produces the instrumental backdrop, a uniquely catchy arrangement driven by boom-bap drums and whirring, wobbling synths. Feeling it? If so, you should mark your calendars for the July 29 release of Customary’s next LP, Compassion.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
Customary Music, LLC.
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.