There are few feelings worse than that of being strung along and let down by someone you love. Customary knows that feeling well—in fact, he’s experiencing it right now—but he won’t be for much longer. On freshly-minted single Hanging On, the Portland-based R&B buzzmaker lets a fickle significant other know that he’s had it with her mind games, in the process showcasing a powerful vocal presence and a knack for effervescent harmonies. He also produces the instrumental backdrop, a uniquely catchy arrangement driven by boom-bap drums and whirring, wobbling synths. Feeling it? If so, you should mark your calendars for the July 29 release of Customary’s next LP, Compassion.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
Customary Music, LLC.
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.