The West Coast has a long history in hip-hop, but only one name is synonymous with that sticky-icky Cali goodness: Andre Young. Better known to the world as Dr. Dre, his musical legacy is unparalleled; almost everything that he has touched – aside from the Aftermath compilation album – has achieved platinum certification or higher. His eldest son, Curtis Young, is looking to follow suit. This newly-released cut finds Curtis hanging with Rick Ross and Luke, as they count out all the girlies in their Area. Known for his work behind the boards as the Hood Surgeon, Young established his own independent label, So Hood Records, to showcase his talents. Aiming for a club banger with his first single, Young reached out to producer St. Nick, whose blend of Florida and Cali swag proves plenty of mettle for both artists. Check The Bloodline is aiming for a 2009 release.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/5/08
So Hood Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.