The West Coast has a long history in hip-hop, but only one name is synonymous with that sticky-icky Cali goodness: Andre Young. Better known to the world as Dr. Dre, his musical legacy is unparalleled; almost everything that he has touched – aside from the Aftermath compilation album – has achieved platinum certification or higher. His eldest son, Curtis Young, is looking to follow suit. This newly-released cut finds Curtis hanging with Rick Ross and Luke, as they count out all the girlies in their Area. Known for his work behind the boards as the Hood Surgeon, Young established his own independent label, So Hood Records, to showcase his talents. Aiming for a club banger with his first single, Young reached out to producer St. Nick, whose blend of Florida and Cali swag proves plenty of mettle for both artists. Check The Bloodline is aiming for a 2009 release.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/5/08
Submit your Rating
So Hood Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.