The West Coast has a long history in hip-hop, but only one name is synonymous with that sticky-icky Cali goodness: Andre Young. Better known to the world as Dr. Dre, his musical legacy is unparalleled; almost everything that he has touched – aside from the Aftermath compilation album – has achieved platinum certification or higher. His eldest son, Curtis Young, is looking to follow suit. This newly-released cut finds Curtis hanging with Rick Ross and Luke, as they count out all the girlies in their Area. Known for his work behind the boards as the Hood Surgeon, Young established his own independent label, So Hood Records, to showcase his talents. Aiming for a club banger with his first single, Young reached out to producer St. Nick, whose blend of Florida and Cali swag proves plenty of mettle for both artists. Check The Bloodline is aiming for a 2009 release.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/5/08
Submit your Rating
So Hood Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.