The West Coast has a long history in hip-hop, but only one name is synonymous with that sticky-icky Cali goodness: Andre Young. Better known to the world as Dr. Dre, his musical legacy is unparalleled; almost everything that he has touched – aside from the Aftermath compilation album – has achieved platinum certification or higher. His eldest son, Curtis Young, is looking to follow suit. This newly-released cut finds Curtis hanging with Rick Ross and Luke, as they count out all the girlies in their Area. Known for his work behind the boards as the Hood Surgeon, Young established his own independent label, So Hood Records, to showcase his talents. Aiming for a club banger with his first single, Young reached out to producer St. Nick, whose blend of Florida and Cali swag proves plenty of mettle for both artists. Check The Bloodline is aiming for a 2009 release.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/5/08
Submit your Rating
So Hood Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.