Raw, the lead single off Curtessy‘s next EP, saw him unleashing bar after bar of tendentious trash talk over some appropriately aggressive, sampled production. Though he’s damn good at it, pummeling eardrums into submission with grimy beats and rhymes isn’t the Los Angeles rhymesayer’s primary objective. Above all, he’s simply, “tryin’ to reach the world.” On single numero dos, making its world premiere on our front page, Curt takes a break from annihilating his foes to spit some bars he knows his fans will be able to Relate to. Over his own wistful, soul-sampled production, the emcee revisits his days as a ‘hood youth with big dreams, and reflects on the creative struggles he has faced while chasing his muse. Jersey’s Mo the General provides a grittier closing 16. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Curtessy’s Different World EP: Technically Speaking when it drops via The DJBooth next Tuesday, April 22.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Muzik Therpy" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.