Raw, the lead single off Curtessy‘s next EP, saw him unleashing bar after bar of tendentious trash talk over some appropriately aggressive, sampled production. Though he’s damn good at it, pummeling eardrums into submission with grimy beats and rhymes isn’t the Los Angeles rhymesayer’s primary objective. Above all, he’s simply, “tryin’ to reach the world.” On single numero dos, making its world premiere on our front page, Curt takes a break from annihilating his foes to spit some bars he knows his fans will be able to Relate to. Over his own wistful, soul-sampled production, the emcee revisits his days as a ‘hood youth with big dreams, and reflects on the creative struggles he has faced while chasing his muse. Jersey’s Mo the General provides a grittier closing 16. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Curtessy’s Different World EP: Technically Speaking when it drops via The DJBooth next Tuesday, April 22.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
South Central rhymesayer Curtessy has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his solo debut, the Different World EP: Technically Speaking. The eight track project packs eight original jams from the unsigned...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Muzik Therpy" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.