Who needs a shrink when you’ve got a mic, a recording booth and an avid audience of hip-hop heads? On his first solo feature, making its world premiere on our front page, Curtessy undergoes a session of Muzik Therapy, escaping from the stresses of the daily grind to dissect his emotions over a chopped-soul beat by project collaborator The Militia. First in Flight State mainstay Chaundon and Elmira, N.Y. veteran Rome Clientel assist on the mic, exorcising their anxieties and even working through a few poignant memories in their introspective guest verses. Muzik Therapy is the lead single off forthcoming EP Look What the Streets Made, dropping via The DJBooth on Tuesday, May 14.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
South Central rhymesayer Curtessy and Johannesburg-based beatsmith The Militia has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their debut collaborative project, the Look What the Streets Made EP. The project packs six...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)