Remember the morning of November 5th, 2008? When the Bush-era struggles gave way to feelings of hope for the future, and a sense of pride in having elected the first black President, it felt almost as if a New America had been born out of the ashes of the old. How have the intervening four years lived up to that lofty promise? On a new single selection off his latest full-length, Grass Is Greener singer Curt Chambers takes on that very question. Ivan Barias of Carvin & Ivan fame handles production duties, crafting a rock-infused backdrop for soulful bars examining how the American people and government have progressed toward building a nation that can be called, “the land of the free.” You can find this thought-provoking cut and plenty more where it came from on One Way Ticket, available online as of this past February.
Written by richard on 11/2/12
Forever Music/Savile Row
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grass Is Greener" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.