Remember the morning of November 5th, 2008? When the Bush-era struggles gave way to feelings of hope for the future, and a sense of pride in having elected the first black President, it felt almost as if a New America had been born out of the ashes of the old. How have the intervening four years lived up to that lofty promise? On a new single selection off his latest full-length, Grass Is Greener singer Curt Chambers takes on that very question. Ivan Barias of Carvin & Ivan fame handles production duties, crafting a rock-infused backdrop for soulful bars examining how the American people and government have progressed toward building a nation that can be called, “the land of the free.” You can find this thought-provoking cut and plenty more where it came from on One Way Ticket, available online as of this past February.
Written by richard on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
Forever Music/Savile Row
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grass Is Greener" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.