Remember the morning of November 5th, 2008? When the Bush-era struggles gave way to feelings of hope for the future, and a sense of pride in having elected the first black President, it felt almost as if a New America had been born out of the ashes of the old. How have the intervening four years lived up to that lofty promise? On a new single selection off his latest full-length, Grass Is Greener singer Curt Chambers takes on that very question. Ivan Barias of Carvin & Ivan fame handles production duties, crafting a rock-infused backdrop for soulful bars examining how the American people and government have progressed toward building a nation that can be called, “the land of the free.” You can find this thought-provoking cut and plenty more where it came from on One Way Ticket, available online as of this past February.
Written by richard on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
Forever Music/Savile Row
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grass Is Greener" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.