Remember the morning of November 5th, 2008? When the Bush-era struggles gave way to feelings of hope for the future, and a sense of pride in having elected the first black President, it felt almost as if a New America had been born out of the ashes of the old. How have the intervening four years lived up to that lofty promise? On a new single selection off his latest full-length, Grass Is Greener singer Curt Chambers takes on that very question. Ivan Barias of Carvin & Ivan fame handles production duties, crafting a rock-infused backdrop for soulful bars examining how the American people and government have progressed toward building a nation that can be called, “the land of the free.” You can find this thought-provoking cut and plenty more where it came from on One Way Ticket, available online as of this past February.
Forever Music/Savile Row
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grass Is Greener" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.