It’s cliché because it’s true: the Grass Is always Greener on the other side—and, just to double down on clichés, you never know what you’ve got till it’s gone. Needless to say, when applied to the realm of romance, these facts of human psychology are frequently a recipe for heartbreak. Just ask Booth newcomer Curt Chambers, whose latest single/video finds him struggling to dissuade his girl from throwing their love away and moving on to the next man. Showcasing his passionate vocal stylings over Ivan Barias’ rock-informed boardwork, the Forever Music crooner tries to make her see that, however lush other pastures may seem, their metaphorical lawn is looking pretty damn good. And if she’s worried about him hurting her like other men have in the past, she needn’t be; Chambers assures her, “Maybe every other guy’s been cold, maybe every other guy’s been cold / But I already know, if I make a promise, that’s how things should go.” Feeling it? This heartfelt selection is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Curt Chambers’ One Way Ticket LP, released February 14 via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 02/26/12
Submit your Rating
Forever Music/Savile Row
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New America" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.