It’s cliché because it’s true: the Grass Is always Greener on the other side—and, just to double down on clichés, you never know what you’ve got till it’s gone. Needless to say, when applied to the realm of romance, these facts of human psychology are frequently a recipe for heartbreak. Just ask Booth newcomer Curt Chambers, whose latest single/video finds him struggling to dissuade his girl from throwing their love away and moving on to the next man. Showcasing his passionate vocal stylings over Ivan Barias’ rock-informed boardwork, the Forever Music crooner tries to make her see that, however lush other pastures may seem, their metaphorical lawn is looking pretty damn good. And if she’s worried about him hurting her like other men have in the past, she needn’t be; Chambers assures her, “Maybe every other guy’s been cold, maybe every other guy’s been cold / But I already know, if I make a promise, that’s how things should go.” Feeling it? This heartfelt selection is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Curt Chambers’ One Way Ticket LP, released February 14 via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 02/26/12
Submit your Rating
Forever Music/Savile Row
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New America" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.