One is a longtime industry politics victim from New Orleans who finally dropped his debut LP this past spring, the other is a constantly-marinating Pittsburgh native who’s set to drop his own later this year. Both Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa love to fly, though, and that common bond is what inspired the two Booth favorites to join forces for a collaborative mixtape. In the meantime, the twosome are perfectly happy cruising along on the ground—with their high-quality Car Service, Wiz and Spitta can keep riding ‘till the wheels fall off! Though it can be said that Sledgren‘s old-school sample tips the scales in Curren$y’s favor (both collaborators have shown a tendency to flow best over beats in the the other’s regional style), Wiz’ performance leaves no doubt as to why he’s got the underground abuzz. In any case, this record should send fan expectations soaring in anticipation of the How Fly mixtape’s arrival this summer.
Written by Burmy on 06/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scaling the Building" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.