One is a longtime industry politics victim from New Orleans who finally dropped his debut LP this past spring, the other is a constantly-marinating Pittsburgh native who’s set to drop his own later this year. Both Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa love to fly, though, and that common bond is what inspired the two Booth favorites to join forces for a collaborative mixtape. In the meantime, the twosome are perfectly happy cruising along on the ground—with their high-quality Car Service, Wiz and Spitta can keep riding ‘till the wheels fall off! Though it can be said that Sledgren‘s old-school sample tips the scales in Curren$y’s favor (both collaborators have shown a tendency to flow best over beats in the the other’s regional style), Wiz’ performance leaves no doubt as to why he’s got the underground abuzz. In any case, this record should send fan expectations soaring in anticipation of the How Fly mixtape’s arrival this summer.
Written by Burmy on 06/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scaling the Building" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.