One is a longtime industry politics victim from New Orleans who finally dropped his debut LP this past spring, the other is a constantly-marinating Pittsburgh native who’s set to drop his own later this year. Both Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa love to fly, though, and that common bond is what inspired the two Booth favorites to join forces for a collaborative mixtape. In the meantime, the twosome are perfectly happy cruising along on the ground—with their high-quality Car Service, Wiz and Spitta can keep riding ‘till the wheels fall off! Though it can be said that Sledgren‘s old-school sample tips the scales in Curren$y’s favor (both collaborators have shown a tendency to flow best over beats in the the other’s regional style), Wiz’ performance leaves no doubt as to why he’s got the underground abuzz. In any case, this record should send fan expectations soaring in anticipation of the How Fly mixtape’s arrival this summer.
Written by Burmy on 06/22/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scaling the Building" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.