Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
For a confirmed stoner Curren$y sure works hard. It feels like the #JetLife head honcho has released approximately 147 projects over the last year and the latest addition to his ever growing catalog is his upcoming The Stoned Immaculate album. Leading off the Immaculate campaign is new single What It Look Like, a supremely mellow cut also featuring fellow hard-worker Wale. Producer Bink Dog keeps the beat heavenly, layering in plenty of harp and strings over a cymbal-crashing percussion section. Lyrically we get everything we’ve come to expect from both emcees as Wale offers up a sports-reference laden opening verse (I think we all saw the Rex Ryan line coming) and Spitta follows with a typically blunted and clever 16 of his own. What’s truly impressive isn’t the quantity, it’s that the quality’s stayed so high for Curren$y – or does The DJBooth disagree? Either way, fans can expect a Look Like video to drop soon, followed by The Stoned Immaculate album on June 5 and a Stoned Immaculate tour. The man really needs to slow down, he’s giving lazy stoners a bad name.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/3/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.