Last week, Curren$y teased his fanbase by announcing plans to release a new street album on Halloween, but revealing nothing further than the project’s title and a brief trailer featuring snippets of two tracks. Today, we get our first real taste of the set in the form of Talk My Sh*t, a new single which doubles as a RubyHornet Closed Sessions exclusive. On Talk My Sh*t, Closed Sessions vet Thelonious Martin down-pitches an oft-flipped sample from Syl Johnson’s Different Strokes (also heard in Kanye West‘s The Joy) as Spitta boasts about his animal magnetism, his business acumen and his knack for putting clowns six feet under. Has this musical bull session left you craving more? Then be sure to freely cop digital LP Priest Andretti when it hits the ‘net tomorrow, October 31 for free download.
Written by richard on 10/30/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.