If you’ve ever had a conversation about “industry politics,” chances are Curren$y‘s name has come up. Because neither No Limit nor Young Money were willing to get his project onto store shelves, New Orleans’ Hot Spitta has decided to release his long-awaited debut, This Ain’t No Mixtape, off his own label, Fly Society. On this newly-released record, Curren$y asks listeners whether they’re Scared Of Monsters, advising those whose answer is ‘yes’ to press stop, because, lyrically, he is one, as is the aptly-named Monsta Beatz on the production tip. Scared Of Monsters will no doubt end up on the playlists of fearless fans everywhere, from the Northeastern lyric-lovers to the Dirty Southern trunk-bangers. This Ain’t No Mixtape currently has no set release date, but listeners should keep it locked to DJBooth.net for further updates.
Written by Burmy on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.