If you’ve ever had a conversation about “industry politics,” chances are Curren$y‘s name has come up. Because neither No Limit nor Young Money were willing to get his project onto store shelves, New Orleans’ Hot Spitta has decided to release his long-awaited debut, This Ain’t No Mixtape, off his own label, Fly Society. On this newly-released record, Curren$y asks listeners whether they’re Scared Of Monsters, advising those whose answer is ‘yes’ to press stop, because, lyrically, he is one, as is the aptly-named Monsta Beatz on the production tip. Scared Of Monsters will no doubt end up on the playlists of fearless fans everywhere, from the Northeastern lyric-lovers to the Dirty Southern trunk-bangers. This Ain’t No Mixtape currently has no set release date, but listeners should keep it locked to DJBooth.net for further updates.
Written by Burmy on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.