If you’ve ever had a conversation about “industry politics,” chances are Curren$y‘s name has come up. Because neither No Limit nor Young Money were willing to get his project onto store shelves, New Orleans’ Hot Spitta has decided to release his long-awaited debut, This Ain’t No Mixtape, off his own label, Fly Society. On this newly-released record, Curren$y asks listeners whether they’re Scared Of Monsters, advising those whose answer is ‘yes’ to press stop, because, lyrically, he is one, as is the aptly-named Monsta Beatz on the production tip. Scared Of Monsters will no doubt end up on the playlists of fearless fans everywhere, from the Northeastern lyric-lovers to the Dirty Southern trunk-bangers. This Ain’t No Mixtape currently has no set release date, but listeners should keep it locked to DJBooth.net for further updates.
Written by Burmy on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.