Craving that exhilarating high without the buzz-killing threat of imprisonment? Curren$y has just the thing. On Legal Crack, a bonus cut off his newly-released major-label debut, West Coast stalwart Daz Dillinger serves up a larger-than-life synth instrumental to back the emcee as he trades intoxicating verses with fellow New Orleans repper Fiend (appropriate, huh?). If you find this joint as addictive as the titular substance, you don’t have to wait for another hit: The Stoned Immaculate dropped this past Tuesday and is available now online.
Written by richard on 06/8/12
I’ll admit that at first I dismissed Curren$y as just another weed rapper, and by “weed rapper” I meant someone who only rapped about weed, and only sounded dope rapping about weed if you happened to be higher than a...
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)