Craving that exhilarating high without the buzz-killing threat of imprisonment? Curren$y has just the thing. On Legal Crack, a bonus cut off his newly-released major-label debut, West Coast stalwart Daz Dillinger serves up a larger-than-life synth instrumental to back the emcee as he trades intoxicating verses with fellow New Orleans repper Fiend (appropriate, huh?). If you find this joint as addictive as the titular substance, you don’t have to wait for another hit: The Stoned Immaculate dropped this past Tuesday and is available now online.
Written by richard on 06/8/12
I’ll admit that at first I dismissed Curren$y as just another weed rapper, and by “weed rapper” I meant someone who only rapped about weed, and only sounded dope rapping about weed if you happened to be higher than a...
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.