UDPATE: Click “Watch Video” to view the brand new visuals for Jet Life.
Big money, international flights, nights of revelry, beautiful (and expensive) women, top-quality kush—it’s all part and parcel of what Curren$y calls the Jet Life. While the topics listed above have always been his bread and butter, the New Orleans rhymesayer takes it to the next level on the latest single off his next album and Warner Bros, debut, crafting a full-blown theme song and anthem for his burgeoning movement. Appropriately enough, this blunted ode to fast living finds Shante Franklin soliciting support from two illustrious wingmen. In between opening and closing verses redolent with images of fly females and pricey liquors, Curren$y cedes the mic to Wiz Khalifa for a comparatively energetic account of his recent spending (and smoking) habits. Big K.R.I.T. plays a crucial supporting role, contributing a flowed hook to go with his slow-rolling, sampled instrumental. Does this bleary-eyed yet luxurious banger leave you yearning to live the life described therein? To be frank, you probably can’t afford it—but you can get a little taste of what Curren$y enjoys on the day-to-day by bumping The Stoned Immaculate in your whip after it hits record stores and online retailers June 5.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.