Following his collabo with Wiz Khalifa (Toast) in May and a freebie feature in June (Grizzly) you’d think Curren$y was due for a vacation this month. However, upon the delivery of yet another summer release, the hard-working vet responds with three simple words: I Can’t Stop. Manning the boards is Sledgren, who cooks up a winding, West Coast-splashed beat powered by a whirring synth. Atop the crisp beat, Curren$y explains his state of perpetual motion with his signature blunted, slurred flow. While many (mostly the ladies) will want to jump on his bandwagon, it will undoubtedly become difficult because he simply can’t stop won’t stop (no Chappelle’s Show). There is no word on anything larger, but expect to hear more very soon from the ever-busy emcee.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/7/13
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.