Following his collabo with Wiz Khalifa (Toast) in May and a freebie feature in June (Grizzly) you’d think Curren$y was due for a vacation this month. However, upon the delivery of yet another summer release, the hard-working vet responds with three simple words: I Can’t Stop. Manning the boards is Sledgren, who cooks up a winding, West Coast-splashed beat powered by a whirring synth. Atop the crisp beat, Curren$y explains his state of perpetual motion with his signature blunted, slurred flow. While many (mostly the ladies) will want to jump on his bandwagon, it will undoubtedly become difficult because he simply can’t stop won’t stop (no Chappelle’s Show). There is no word on anything larger, but expect to hear more very soon from the ever-busy emcee.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/7/13
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.