I was as surprised as anyone else when I found out that Curren$y’s new single was about worldwide strife, including China’s growing conflict with its labor class and Poland’s ability to avoid a recession. Just kidding, it’s about weed and drank, and it’s as good as anything he’s ever done. His new track, The Hangover, is just one more of those good mellow vibes that listeners come to appreciate from Fly Spitta, and that’s a good thing. Together with Mikey Rocks (of The Cool Kids), Curren$y laces his smooth bars over some sedated (and talented) production from Ski Beatz, all while discussing the gifts that come from being a rising rap star; “The game in my pocket like a Nintendo DS/ I left my last one in my jet.” If you liked getting high to this one from the Louisiana native (metaphorically, of course), be sure to keep an eye out for his latest joint…I mean album, Pilot Talk, due to finally light up our eardrums on July 13.
Written by Sigurd on 06/29/10
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.