When you’ve got a dollar sign in your name you can’t be shy about the fame and fortune, and with a name like Monsta Beatz you can’t be shy about in-your-face production, so what’s surprising about Curren$y and Monsta Beatz’ new record isn’t that it’s titled Famous, but how subdued the record is. Here the New Orleans based Monsta Beatz crafted a slowly spinning beat that prominently features a smooth jazz horn and hypnotically deep bass, a combination that sounds like it could have come off an old-school Sade record, while Curren$y drops an engaging but supremely laid-back flow – maybe the man’s still got a contact high from appearing on Fat Raps: “Rose in the glasses, get the weed out the plastic.” Hey, even the rich and famous need to relax, and when they do, I bet they throw on music like this. Famous is part of Monsta Beatz’ latest project Monsta Beatz Present: Monster on Mars, available online now.
Listen to More: Curren$y Written by Nathan S.
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!