Though Curren$y‘s next digital album is less than a week away from release, the New Orleans hitmaker still has yet to release a full track off the project. Today, Spitta finally gives fans a foretaste of the dopeness to come in the form of lead single Choosin’. Lex Luger mans the boards on this whip-ready selection, supplementing his trademark trap grooves with an imperious brass sample as Curren$y boasts of the big impression he makes when he pulls up in his Chevy Impala. Heavyweight guests Wiz Khalifa and Rick Ross do a little stunting of their own on the record’s latter two-thirds. New Jack City is scheduled for digital release this Sunday, the 3rd. In the meantime, readers who like what they’re hearing can cop this single free of charge using the download button above.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)