No matter how many twists and turns that Hip-Hop takes, there will always be those few MCs in the game who fly below the radar, yet stay on your mind whenever you think about consistently solid projects. The one that sticks out in my mind is #JetLife C.E.O. Curren$y, who always seems to score big whenever he feels ready to take a break from the clouds (pun intended) and drop a jewel on us. This new joint Chasin Papers is no different. Spitta enlists none other than V.A. super producer Pharrell for hook duties, who handle production as well. Williams revisits his signature snares and outer space synth work for this one, as well as grabbing a sample many will recognize from Tupac’s Keep Ya Head Up, creating a clear but complex lane for Spitta to jump on and tell you why that paper chase should be on everybody’s agenda right now. Chasin Papers comes courtesy of The Stoned Immaculate album, due out June 5, available for pre-order now.
Written by WriterJones on 05/31/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.