No matter how many twists and turns that Hip-Hop takes, there will always be those few MCs in the game who fly below the radar, yet stay on your mind whenever you think about consistently solid projects. The one that sticks out in my mind is #JetLife C.E.O. Curren$y, who always seems to score big whenever he feels ready to take a break from the clouds (pun intended) and drop a jewel on us. This new joint Chasin Papers is no different. Spitta enlists none other than V.A. super producer Pharrell for hook duties, who handle production as well. Williams revisits his signature snares and outer space synth work for this one, as well as grabbing a sample many will recognize from Tupac’s Keep Ya Head Up, creating a clear but complex lane for Spitta to jump on and tell you why that paper chase should be on everybody’s agenda right now. Chasin Papers comes courtesy of The Stoned Immaculate album, due out June 5, available for pre-order now.
Written by WriterJones on 05/31/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)