It seems like these days you can’t turn around without running into a new 2 Chainz feature: The DJBooth has featured five in just the last few weeks, and that’s just a fraction of what the new Def Jam signee is putting out. So for Curren$y’s official major label debut album it shouldn’t be at all surprising to see the artist formerly known as Tity Boi puffing alongside Spitta on new release Capitol. Producers The Innovatorz lay down exactly the kind of hazy, laid back beat that Curren$y was seemingly born to rhyme over and of course the N.O. native delivers, once again letting listeners vicariously live some of that #JetLife. For his part Chainz is unusually mellow, spitting a 16 that’s about as far from Riot music as you can get: “Short ass kinda soft, tattoos, lip gloss / pockets on Rick Ross.” If Capitol is inspiring you to go pick up some of that green (I’m talking about kale), I’m sure you’ll also want to pick up a copy of Spitta’s Warner Brothers LP The Stoned Immaculate, due to hit store shelves, online retailers and joints nationwide on June 5.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/17/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.