It seems like these days you can’t turn around without running into a new 2 Chainz feature: The DJBooth has featured five in just the last few weeks, and that’s just a fraction of what the new Def Jam signee is putting out. So for Curren$y’s official major label debut album it shouldn’t be at all surprising to see the artist formerly known as Tity Boi puffing alongside Spitta on new release Capitol. Producers The Innovatorz lay down exactly the kind of hazy, laid back beat that Curren$y was seemingly born to rhyme over and of course the N.O. native delivers, once again letting listeners vicariously live some of that #JetLife. For his part Chainz is unusually mellow, spitting a 16 that’s about as far from Riot music as you can get: “Short ass kinda soft, tattoos, lip gloss / pockets on Rick Ross.” If Capitol is inspiring you to go pick up some of that green (I’m talking about kale), I’m sure you’ll also want to pick up a copy of Spitta’s Warner Brothers LP The Stoned Immaculate, due to hit store shelves, online retailers and joints nationwide on June 5.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/17/12
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)