Though the first and second chapters in Francis Ford Coppola’s Godfather trilogy are widely regarded as some of the greatest films of all time, part three brought the series to a disappointing conclusion. Today, Curren$y and a Flushing-repping homie join forces to give the saga the ending it deserves. On Godfather 4, Nesby Phips‘s sweeping, string-drenched production sets the mood as Spitta gets his mafia don on. Along with his mob talk, the artist incorporates an eclectic array of pop-culture allusions into his bars, name-dropping Battletoads and John Coltrane in the same breath. Action Bronson takes a similarly wide-ranging approach on his guest 16, which comes complete with the obligatory cannoli reference. This record may or may not find a home Curren$y’s next album, The Drive In Theatre. Either way, keep it locked for the latest on the currently-unscheduled project.
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.