Though Curren$y‘s taken a break from his Pilot Talk mixtapes to hit the blacktop with the Muscle Car Chronicles, fans need not fear a dearth of flight-related material: those who want to hear the New Orleans representative get high the way only he knows how can simply flip on the project’s Fly Out trilogy. Today, we’re proud to present Part Tres, of the loosely-plotted, but nonetheless epic saga. Sean O’Connell handles production duties, cooking up a slow-rolling, lightly-funky rock groove perfectly suited to Curren$y’s blunted braggadocio. Sandwiching the headliner’s middle 16 are Cool Kids emcee Mikey Rocks and DMV mainstay Tabi Bonney, the former lacing the front with dizzying trash talk (he notably manages to compare hip-hop has-beens to Wizards-era Michael Jordan and suede suit salesmen) and the latter bringing the record home with a little scatterbrained stunting of his own. Does this cut leave you itching to climb into Curren$y’s ride? More THC-drenched bangers await on The Muscle Car Chronicles, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net March 15.
Written by richard on 03/3/11
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)