Though Curren$y‘s taken a break from his Pilot Talk mixtapes to hit the blacktop with the Muscle Car Chronicles, fans need not fear a dearth of flight-related material: those who want to hear the New Orleans representative get high the way only he knows how can simply flip on the project’s Fly Out trilogy. Today, we’re proud to present Part Tres, of the loosely-plotted, but nonetheless epic saga. Sean O’Connell handles production duties, cooking up a slow-rolling, lightly-funky rock groove perfectly suited to Curren$y’s blunted braggadocio. Sandwiching the headliner’s middle 16 are Cool Kids emcee Mikey Rocks and DMV mainstay Tabi Bonney, the former lacing the front with dizzying trash talk (he notably manages to compare hip-hop has-beens to Wizards-era Michael Jordan and suede suit salesmen) and the latter bringing the record home with a little scatterbrained stunting of his own. Does this cut leave you itching to climb into Curren$y’s ride? More THC-drenched bangers await on The Muscle Car Chronicles, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net March 15.
Written by richard on 03/3/11
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.