Though Curren$y‘s taken a break from his Pilot Talk mixtapes to hit the blacktop with the Muscle Car Chronicles, fans need not fear a dearth of flight-related material: those who want to hear the New Orleans representative get high the way only he knows how can simply flip on the project’s Fly Out trilogy. Today, we’re proud to present Part Tres, of the loosely-plotted, but nonetheless epic saga. Sean O’Connell handles production duties, cooking up a slow-rolling, lightly-funky rock groove perfectly suited to Curren$y’s blunted braggadocio. Sandwiching the headliner’s middle 16 are Cool Kids emcee Mikey Rocks and DMV mainstay Tabi Bonney, the former lacing the front with dizzying trash talk (he notably manages to compare hip-hop has-beens to Wizards-era Michael Jordan and suede suit salesmen) and the latter bringing the record home with a little scatterbrained stunting of his own. Does this cut leave you itching to climb into Curren$y’s ride? More THC-drenched bangers await on The Muscle Car Chronicles, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net March 15.
Written by richard on 03/3/11
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)