I can’t say this for most songs I’ve reviewed, but I’m honored to have heard this song live. During the New York City stop on his Smoker’s Club tour with Smoke DZA and Big K.R.I.T, Curren$y “The Hot Spitta” made a stop at Santos Nightclub to drop a headlining set in front of a sold out crowd. With a few key tastemakers such as Dame Dash in the building, it was also a great opportunity to flex a little bit of newness in the form of his brand new single Michael Knight. Produced by legendary producer and fellow Santos attendee Ski Beatz, Michael Knight is an awesome play on the old school show Knight Rider, as well as the first single off of his Pilot Talk 2 album. With a beat that just screams “next level shit” and flows reminiscent of ‘90s golden era rap, Curren$y proves, once again, why he is considered one of hip hop’s biggest names. Look out for more joints (pun intended) from Curren$y in the next few months as he treks on tour, and as he prepares to release Pilot Talk 2, tentatively set to drop this November
Written by Quentin Cuff on 10/11/10
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)