I can’t say this for most songs I’ve reviewed, but I’m honored to have heard this song live. During the New York City stop on his Smoker’s Club tour with Smoke DZA and Big K.R.I.T, Curren$y “The Hot Spitta” made a stop at Santos Nightclub to drop a headlining set in front of a sold out crowd. With a few key tastemakers such as Dame Dash in the building, it was also a great opportunity to flex a little bit of newness in the form of his brand new single Michael Knight. Produced by legendary producer and fellow Santos attendee Ski Beatz, Michael Knight is an awesome play on the old school show Knight Rider, as well as the first single off of his Pilot Talk 2 album. With a beat that just screams “next level shit” and flows reminiscent of ‘90s golden era rap, Curren$y proves, once again, why he is considered one of hip hop’s biggest names. Look out for more joints (pun intended) from Curren$y in the next few months as he treks on tour, and as he prepares to release Pilot Talk 2, tentatively set to drop this November
Written by Quentin Cuff on 10/11/10
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My House ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.