Please don’t be mistaken; Happy Dance is not the same song as Cupid Shuffle. Sure, the two may have nearly identical tempos, rhythms, melodies, and titles, but at least their lyrics are… well, never mind. Regardless, you can’t argue with success. R&B sensation Cupid has found a formula that works, and he’s sticking to it. Happy Dance is another lighthearted, Mr. Phat-produced club theme, sure to spawn its own dance. While he mixes it up a bit by incorporating a cranked-up alter-ego that chirps along with the melody, he never leaves his comfort zone. Is Cupid a one trick pony? Absolutely. Is his trick awesome? For now.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You Dance ft. Christina Milian" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.