Please don’t be mistaken; Happy Dance is not the same song as Cupid Shuffle. Sure, the two may have nearly identical tempos, rhythms, melodies, and titles, but at least their lyrics are… well, never mind. Regardless, you can’t argue with success. R&B sensation Cupid has found a formula that works, and he’s sticking to it. Happy Dance is another lighthearted, Mr. Phat-produced club theme, sure to spawn its own dance. While he mixes it up a bit by incorporating a cranked-up alter-ego that chirps along with the melody, he never leaves his comfort zone. Is Cupid a one trick pony? Absolutely. Is his trick awesome? For now.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You Dance ft. Christina Milian" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.