Please don’t be mistaken; Happy Dance is not the same song as Cupid Shuffle. Sure, the two may have nearly identical tempos, rhythms, melodies, and titles, but at least their lyrics are… well, never mind. Regardless, you can’t argue with success. R&B sensation Cupid has found a formula that works, and he’s sticking to it. Happy Dance is another lighthearted, Mr. Phat-produced club theme, sure to spawn its own dance. While he mixes it up a bit by incorporating a cranked-up alter-ego that chirps along with the melody, he never leaves his comfort zone. Is Cupid a one trick pony? Absolutely. Is his trick awesome? For now.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You Dance ft. Christina Milian" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.