Named after the Roman god of love (and Valentine’s icon) who shot arrows at people to make them fall in love, up-&-coming R&B singer Cupid looks to do the same thing, only with his music. On his new single, Do Yo Dance, from his upcoming debut album Time For a Change, the Lafayette, Louisiana, native’s vocals sound similar to such big-name R&B acts as One Chance and Tank. Plus, the beat courtesy of producer P-No doesn’t hurt either. Danity Kane’s Aubrey O’Day seems to fit in with her third verse vocals, thus providing even more appeal. Look for this song to get massive radio and club play, and Cupid to join a long list of R&B artists that can get the ladies going.
Written by Burmy on 07/12/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cupid Shuffle (Latin Shuffle) ft. Pitbull & Baby Bash" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.