Having apparently recovered from that batch of hyper-potent THC-laced brownies they consumed in their last feature, Never Come Down, Kno, Deacon the Villain and Natti of the CunninLynguists are back in the Booth with the lead single off their forthcoming Strange Journey Volume 2 LP. Though Running Wild‘s lyrical focus is on the ever-present issue of street crime, the track finds the Southern underground mainstays and their guest collaborators, Dilated Peoples emcee Evidence and Bay Area big-timer E-40, focused more on fire-spitting than social commentary – which is for the best, since tangents like 40 Water’s “There’ll never be an emcee like me till 5004” segue into “space pimpin’” account for some of the cut’s most enjoyable moments. Backed by Kno’s tense, cymbal-driven percussion and pounding piano chords, this underground banger should meet a warm reception among our resident lyrical heads. If you’re digging Running Wild, why not accompany the ‘Lynguists when they embark upon the latest phase of their Strange Journey? Vol. 2 is set to hit record stores and online retailers Nov. 3.
Written by richard on 10/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Georgia (Remix) ft. Khujo Goodie & Killer Mike" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.