Having apparently recovered from that batch of hyper-potent THC-laced brownies they consumed in their last feature, Never Come Down, Kno, Deacon the Villain and Natti of the CunninLynguists are back in the Booth with the lead single off their forthcoming Strange Journey Volume 2 LP. Though Running Wild‘s lyrical focus is on the ever-present issue of street crime, the track finds the Southern underground mainstays and their guest collaborators, Dilated Peoples emcee Evidence and Bay Area big-timer E-40, focused more on fire-spitting than social commentary – which is for the best, since tangents like 40 Water’s “There’ll never be an emcee like me till 5004” segue into “space pimpin’” account for some of the cut’s most enjoyable moments. Backed by Kno’s tense, cymbal-driven percussion and pounding piano chords, this underground banger should meet a warm reception among our resident lyrical heads. If you’re digging Running Wild, why not accompany the ‘Lynguists when they embark upon the latest phase of their Strange Journey? Vol. 2 is set to hit record stores and online retailers Nov. 3.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Georgia (Remix) ft. Khujo Goodie & Killer Mike" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.