With a name like Cubbiebear, you’d think the Baltimore emcee raps about hugs and stuffed animals. You’d be wrong. If his music is any indication, Cubbiebear chose his name to set himself as far apart as possible from all the ‘Lils’s and ‘Young’s out there. His new single, The Hulk, is as un-mainstream as you can get. Lyrically, he’s all over the place, cramming a glut of words into each disjointed line. The frenzied hook is equally incoherent (although not nearly as verbose), featuring some hyperactive scratches and what sounds like alien babble. The stuttering beat, also the work of Cubbiebear, makes the song all the more hectic and all the more fresh. The Hulk appears on his debut album, The Rape.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/20/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.