With a name like Cubbiebear, you’d think the Baltimore emcee raps about hugs and stuffed animals. You’d be wrong. If his music is any indication, Cubbiebear chose his name to set himself as far apart as possible from all the ‘Lils’s and ‘Young’s out there. His new single, The Hulk, is as un-mainstream as you can get. Lyrically, he’s all over the place, cramming a glut of words into each disjointed line. The frenzied hook is equally incoherent (although not nearly as verbose), featuring some hyperactive scratches and what sounds like alien babble. The stuttering beat, also the work of Cubbiebear, makes the song all the more hectic and all the more fresh. The Hulk appears on his debut album, The Rape.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/20/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.