After seeing the word “crucial” in a magazine ad, Boston emcee Crucial knew that the word was a great representation of his needed role in the music industry and immediately chose it as his stage name. Despite the artist’s current newbie status on The DJBooth the 21-year-old rhymesayer has already released quite a few mixtapes including Lights Out and Knowledge Is King. On his Booth debut Another Day, Crucial takes it to Motown as he timidly sings along to his flip of The Supremes’ 1966 hit record You Can’t Hurry Love. Over his own bass-heavy, piano-laced production the New England native switches gears completely, going all in on his tone-setting first verse. You can find Another Day on Crucial’s forthcoming Feel Free project, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.