After seeing the word “crucial” in a magazine ad, Boston emcee Crucial knew that the word was a great representation of his needed role in the music industry and immediately chose it as his stage name. Despite the artist’s current newbie status on The DJBooth the 21-year-old rhymesayer has already released quite a few mixtapes including Lights Out and Knowledge Is King. On his Booth debut Another Day, Crucial takes it to Motown as he timidly sings along to his flip of The Supremes’ 1966 hit record You Can’t Hurry Love. Over his own bass-heavy, piano-laced production the New England native switches gears completely, going all in on his tone-setting first verse. You can find Another Day on Crucial’s forthcoming Feel Free project, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.