After seeing the word “crucial” in a magazine ad, Boston emcee Crucial knew that the word was a great representation of his needed role in the music industry and immediately chose it as his stage name. Despite the artist’s current newbie status on The DJBooth the 21-year-old rhymesayer has already released quite a few mixtapes including Lights Out and Knowledge Is King. On his Booth debut Another Day, Crucial takes it to Motown as he timidly sings along to his flip of The Supremes’ 1966 hit record You Can’t Hurry Love. Over his own bass-heavy, piano-laced production the New England native switches gears completely, going all in on his tone-setting first verse. You can find Another Day on Crucial’s forthcoming Feel Free project, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.