After seeing the word “crucial” in a magazine ad, Boston emcee Crucial knew that the word was a great representation of his needed role in the music industry and immediately chose it as his stage name. Despite the artist’s current newbie status on The DJBooth the 21-year-old rhymesayer has already released quite a few mixtapes including Lights Out and Knowledge Is King. On his Booth debut Another Day, Crucial takes it to Motown as he timidly sings along to his flip of The Supremes’ 1966 hit record You Can’t Hurry Love. Over his own bass-heavy, piano-laced production the New England native switches gears completely, going all in on his tone-setting first verse. You can find Another Day on Crucial’s forthcoming Feel Free project, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)